Friday, January 18, 2008

Thing #19 - Social Networking

This is something I have never participated in personally. I guess I have been too leery of putting personal information out there on the web. After looking over some of the social networking sites, I found one that looked appealing to me. I'm too old for MySpace and Facebook, but Eons was much more my style. It is for social networking and activity sharing geared toward ages 50+. I liked it enough to register and setup my profile and see how it goes. I am a private person so social networking on a computer will not come freely and easily, I'm sure I will have my guard up, but I wanted to give it try. As far as libraries jumping in to MySpace or Facebook, I feel what could it hurt. It might be a great way to reach out to the young adults and pull them back into the library.

No comments: